Healthy Gingerbread Man Recipe
Is it ever too soon for gingerbread cookies? Definitely not! Something that smells so good and goes so well in freezing winter evenings can’t have a time frame. Inspired by many healthy gingerbread recipes, here’s the one I want to share with you! What makes this recipe healthier? It doesn’t use added sugar (unless you decide on decorating gingerbread cookies with icing), it uses whole grain flour, and peanut butter. The best part about this recipe is it goes great with hot chocolate or your cosy winter latte, as well as your morning refreshing banana smoothie! Ah, sweet…!
1. 125g of unsalted butter
2. 350g whole grain flour
3. 2 tsp ground ginger
4. ½ tsp baking soda
5. 80g of peanut butter
6. Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 160C
2. Mix melted butter and flour by hand, until breadcrumbs are formed
3.Add ginger, spice, baking soda, salt and peanut butter, mix well
4. Roll out the mixture on a clean and flat lightly floured surface until about ½ cm thick
5. Use your favourite cookie cutters and cut out your gingerbread cookie shapes. Re-roll the dough to cut out more if needed.
6. Transfer the shapes onto a baking sheet
7. Bake for about 10min until crisp around the edges
(Optional) Decorate with icing and serve
Let me know if you tried this recipe, would love to hear your feedback!